Sunday, July 29, 2007

I went to Comic Con 2007 today. The conference completely sold out, I think for the first time in Comic Con history. Sundays are usually rather sleepy, but today was a mad carnival of costumes, comics, games, toys and crowds... I was not disappointed.

My first stop is always the small press area, with tables by independent artists, often self-published. Here one can talk to the artists themselves, as opposed to sales reps and publishing agents. Less jaded by years in the industry, these artists appreciate my time, and enthusedly speak with me about their work.

I bought five graphic novels/ art books:
American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
Deogratias: A Tale of Rwanda by Stassen
A Girl Named Spark by PCP (Heisuke Kitazawa)
Incredible Change-Bots by Jeffrey Brown
Laika by Nick Abadzis

No comments: