Friday, August 3, 2007










Here's the tide pool side of the van, in progress. You might recognize the tide pool backdrop as a previous tide pool illustration I created. I figured, why not tailor it to the van design, instead of drawing another tide pool? I did have to do a lot of digital cleaning up, because way back when I first did this illustration, my technique wasn't very refined - the black lines were a bit heavy and the edges weren't clean - and that original tide pool wasn't van-shaped. Also, there were the fish and sea stars to remove; they weren't drawn to the level of detail that I want for the van.

Freshly drawn animals will be overlaid on this image, including: spiny lobster, baby garibaldi, baby opaleye, ocher stars, hermit crabs, more mussels, maybe a scorpion fish or tide pool sculpin. And maybe a chiton or two.

No comments: