Monday, September 10, 2007






























On Sunday I photographed Thread, a fashion/ shopping event featuring 100+ independent fashion and accessory designers. The event was held at the aerospace museum atrium in Balboa park, which has a glass ceiling and made more nice photo lighting. It was co-hosted by discoversd.com, for whom I am a photo intern.

It is hard to shop and photograph at the same time, because each activity requires the use of different aesthetic radars. Photographing concerns making a good composition out of everything, even if I'd be unlikely to wear the product myself (such as the dress on the model above), shopping concerns zoning into what I personally think looks good. Sometimes the two interests coincide, as in the case of the second photo, featuring beautiful glass pendants hand-made by artist Lisa Ann Sparks.

No comments: