Monday, July 9, 2007





















Probably anyone with Photoshop experience will take one look at this and think: Looks like someone figured out how to use Custom Brushes. I'd been reading my Computer Arts magazine, and this issue, like all others, came with a CD with digital goodies. "Designfruit Photoshop brushes" caught my eye, and I uploaded them, and realized that they are simply designs saved as customized brushes, so they can be used almost as rubber stamps.

A quick Photoshop Help search actually proved helpful, and I learned that by selecting a design, then under the Edit menu, select Define Brush Preset, I could make my very own brushes. I quickly made a set using my own drawings, including the bat skull drawing I would have otherwise posted today in its traditional format. The result is Griffin & Sabine-ish (for you non-Nick Bantock fans out there, check out his art books...), and there looks to be much graphic design potential to be tapped from this technique.

No comments: